Meet Stace Nelson – U.S. Senate Candidate from South Dakota
Update #2 – Receives Republican Liberty Caucus Endorsement
Catch up on outstanding coverage by The Daily Republic covered by the Associated Press here.
Updated With Testimonials!
Watch Dan Kaiser’s testimonial below:
Watch the endorsement from Elizabeth May below:
And just released, testimonial from Lance Russell (click on tweet link)!
Currently a State Representative from my neighboring state of South Dakota, Stace Nelson ( @RepStaceNelson ) has served the United States for decades.
I cannot introduce US Senate Candidate Nelson better than he does on the Home Page of his campaign site:
“On May 7th, 1985, Stace joined the United States Marine Corps. On February 26th, 1986, he started Boot Camp at Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego, Ca. For the next 13 1/2 years he served God, country, state, & Corps as a military policeman, criminal investigator, marksmanship instructor, and NCIS Special Agent. In 1999, he was Honorably Discharged due to aggravation of injuries sustained in August 1992 when as a criminal investigator he was assaulted by a suspect in a car while apprehending him for numerous crimes including drug trafficking, burglary, and death threats to a material witness. Stace prevented the suspect from harming the witness and took him into custody. No regrets… Semper Fidelis…”
On the Issues
Rep. Nelson is perhaps the most active U.S. Senate candidate that has fought the illegal alien issue at the state level. In a short period of time, he introduced three bills that are clear, concise and absolutely appropriate to protect America’s sovereignty and uphold our Rule of Law. Below are the highlights and links to the specific legislation.
In 2013, South Dakota House Bill No. 1159 – related to illegal use of another’s identity to obtain employment.
In 2013, South Dakota House Bill No. 1175 – regarding hiring or contracting with an ‘unauthorized alien’
In 2014, South Dakota House Concurrent Resolution No. 1016 – Urging the federal government to enforce United States immigration laws and not grant amnesty to those who have entered the United States illegally.
Directly from his CONTRACT WITH SOUTH DAKOTA posted on his website.
- Support only legislation that is constitutionally sound and which equally applies to all Americans, including Congress.
- Oppose any and all efforts to increase the marginal income tax rates for individuals and/or businesses; and, oppose any net reduction or elimination of deductions and credits, unless matched dollar for dollar by further reducing tax rates.
- Support the reduction of the income tax; review and reduction of other federal taxes; limit or reduce government spending; and, support the rest of the South Dakota Republican Party Platform.
- Except when related to a congressional authorization of force, I will consider all spending open for reduction and vote only for budgets that present a path to balance; and, vote against any appropriations bill that increases total spending and against the authorization or funding of new programs without offsetting cuts in other programs.
- Support only nominations to the Supreme Court, and U.S. federal benches, judges who are committed to restraint and applying the original meaning of the Constitution, not legislating from the bench.
- Oppose any further “stimulus” spending or bailouts.
- Support the repeal of the federal death tax.
- Oppose any amnesty for illegal aliens; actively work to require the securing of our borders; and, support measures which prohibit employers from knowingly hiring illegal aliens.
- Support the full repeal of Obamacare (also known as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act); and, I will oppose any bill or budget resolution that provides funding to implement or enforce any part of it.
- Support pro-life legislation to permanently end all taxpayer funding of abortion in all domestic and international spending programs, and defund Planned Parenthood and all other contractors and recipients of federal funds with affiliates that perform or fund abortions.
- Oppose any efforts to seize, or require registration of, Americans’ firearms or any other effort to subvert or limit Americans’ Constitutional Second Amendment rights; and, I will actively support national concealed carry permit reciprocity, as well as other legislation that ensures Americans’ Second Amendment rights.
- Support legislation of drug testing for anyone receiving public assistance.
- Honor my oath to support the Constitution of the State of South Dakota, to include Article III S. 32 “Term Limitations for United States congressmen. No person may be elected to more than two consecutive terms in the United States Senate or more than six consecutive terms in the United States House of Representatives”; and, support legislation to enact those term limits nationally, to replace career politicians with citizen legislators.
- Care for our veterans and for their widows and orphans, by working with the American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Fleet Reserve Association, Marine Corps League, Disabled American Veterans, Paralyzed Veterans of America, Vietnam Veterans of America, Purple Heart Association, Military Order of the Purple Heart, and other service groups, to identify and support legislation that removes employment barriers, and ensures our nation is fulfilling our obligations to those of us who have borne the costs of our freedom.
This is by a man who SERVED in our U.S. Marine Corps.
Catch up on other candidates we’ve profiled:
Senator Tim Scott – U.S. Senator from South Carolina (here)
Col. Rob Maness – U.S. Senate Candidate from Louisiana (here)